May 06, 2006

end of the year

So I've been trying to write this end of the year post and i've been rather unsucessful. I don't really know how to sum up the year other than I'm glad its over. It was a mediocre year. It deffinately had its highlights. But some of the newness of college wore off.
This semester i was lucky to be able to travel a bit. With chorale i went on tour in north carolina. 10 days of getting up early, riding on the bus and singing made me want to slit my wrists with a butter knife. Staying with people was always interesting, from the stressed out stay at home mom, to the trailor, to nascar widow, to the south africans, i learned something new about people everytime. Inbetween being miserable and exhausted i still found a time to enjoy life.
I also went to michigan for a weekend to work for my sister doing some mcdonalds promotions at boyne. While doing this i was able to see a once in a lifetime happening... ronald mcdonald taking a spill on the slope and being taken away by ski patrol... Al was not too happy about this but i still got payed $100 to hand out coupons.
Another weekend i got to meet up with some old friends at Butler. Deffinately some good times going on there. I got to go on the "midnite tour" watch dave eat 20 breadsticks at olive garden, dance in the fog thanks to the fog machine, playing "red red wine", dodge darts thrown by lauren, get stuck on the couch after losing a game for the bed, but most of all it was great to be able to see my old buddies from grchs.
For the first time i got to go to California along with chorale. It was pretty sweet to go to disneyland in the rain, look out over all of the OC at signal hill, get lost at 3 am and end up in newport beach and of course sing at the crystal cathedral.
I decided to try something new and go on a climbing trip to kentucky in april. This was my first camping trip. I rapelled of a cliff which was kinda scary but not as scary as the climb back up a tree root with no harness. I kinda freaked out but with some help i made it up. The weather was mildly miserable, the climbing way hard but i had fun.
Inbetween the trips there was a lot of studying but plenty of hangin out. Over all i guess i can't complain too much, i got to live life. Can't believe i'm a junior now...

No comments: