I'm sitting here in my robe getting ready to crawl in bed, i am exausted. This weekend was awesome though. I was able to have fun, sing, and see God at work for sure. It feels so great to be apart of something, especially something like Chorale. It is very demanding, Prof is very into discipline and can be very tough. One of his famous chorale quotes is "the difference between average and excellance is detail" Very passionate about his work, Prof is the spark that sets fire to our group. Chorale can be a hard thing to explain to people, you love it and you hate it. At times it makes you exausted unsure of if you have anymore to give. But we find our strength in God, when we are weak, he helps us pull through. As a group we are able to rally together and present our best offering up to God. And sometimes if we are lucky through us other people are able to feel God. Now that is Chorale.
SO more details about this weekend. We had to leave real early thursday morning for Gaither PRaise Gathering. THe night before i went to steak n shake with beam, tink and jess at like 1 and then came back and still had to pack... SO yeah i only got a few hours of sleep. We got to the Indy COnvention Center where we had rehearsal with the mass choir for a few hours. The other choirs were from Taylor, Olivet and Anderson. I'll be honest I'm not a fan of singing in mass choirs... but whatever it all worked out. We sang as a mass choir in the morning service, where there was about 10,000 people. I wasn't that excited about some of our songs but once the auditorium was filled with people, the lights were off and the music started then it was awesome. The speaker on the first day was very good. He is the author of Finding Faith and spoke about... well I had a problem staying awake. But what i did hear i really liked.
WE had a decent amount of free time where i spent lots of it taking naps or eating. Typical me. We got $42 for food for the weekend, which was a decent amount, so we enjoyed some good food at least better than baldwin. I had a lot of fun hangin out with Angela and Taylor, they are great. THere were deffinately a lot of laughs. Room 328 was pretty fun too. I was glad i could get to know Lauren and Susan better.
Each afternoon we had a little concert where all the choirs did a few pieces. Now I'll be honest, we kicked all the other choirs butts...! We were the only choir to get a standing ovation. It was a very special feeling. Several of the people we ran into throughout the weekend were told us that chorale was what they were looking forward to hearing. Well I'm kind of sick of writing about the weekend. So yes it was good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment