February 3, 2009
Its spring, the fields are wet but the sun shines. I am the temporarily a mother of three. I take the dark brown hand into mine and lead the way. To the park! There are mumbles of words I don't understand coming from Alijah but shrieks, I do understand. Its just another day living the life on wigger street. By the way the children are excited for the park you'd think we were going to disney world. Their excitement excites me. I can swing for a while, play tag and just be happy in the moment. Until someone falls or gets in a fight for something. But for a few minutes or moments, it is well.
A few months ago, I thought I could relive some of this joy and went to visit my friends on Wigger. I was dismayed to see the kids in worse shape than I left them. Everyone was dirty and half clothed, even though it was mid fall. My heart sank, I was praying my face didn't show how freaked out I was. I gave hugs to the kids and quickly left, trying not to touch anything. So I try and cherish the memories of the good times. Kind of like trying to remember my grandmother as herself, not the sick one, on her way out of this world. I am starting to get the feeling that nothing good lasts. It grows, blooms and quickly fades away and decays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment