Its really interesting (well to me) to see where I've grown in the last year or two. These posts were from two years ago. Wow, in some ways it feels like yesterday I was just trying to survive my first year out of college. I had a lot to sort through that year, after moving away from my parents and all of my college friends going various places. I was left here in GR with a bunch of ideas on what life is supposed to look like after graduation.
Boy, was I disappointed/depressed for the majority of that year! Of course now looking back I can laugh at the mistakes I made and the assumptions I had. I'm sure I will continue to look back on every year of my life and laugh at myself for one reason or another. I thank God for Grace and continue to pray for Wisdom.
SO here is more from the 300 a day series
Well it looks like I failed that 300 a day test. Oh well, now will be a good time to continue writing.
March 20, 2009
"God didn't put me on earth just to fulfill a to-do list. He's more interested in what I am than what I do."
I have a hard time believing this. I heard idea this once before. A man I once knew was telling me of a low point in his life, when he was unemployed and suffered a serious knee injury. As his sister took care of him, he struggled with feeling like life was worth living. But then it came to him that God loves us for who we are not what we do. In a time like that, I see how this makes sense. God loves us when we are down and out but should this be a defining idea of our faith. I don't think so. I am not saying God only loves us when we accomplish things and have a full schedule of volunteering here, giving money there, attending that and reading this. I'm just thinking that we as humans are do-ers everything we do or do not do has a reaction, a consequence, an outcome. These things along with our beliefs define us. We can not be complete without both, our doings and our believings.

No comments:
Post a Comment