October 01, 2010

300 a day

A year and some ago I decided I was going to write 300 words a day, just to get something out there. Well here it is...the unedited journals of jamee

February 2, 2009
So here we go, I am going to try writing 300 words each day. Just for the sake of getting something out there. Letting what is being processed in my mind filter out in some sort of product. Its about time I start being scared of writing. It used to be one of my things. I was in charge of the Kraai Chronicle for 30's week, in 8th grade, I went to writers conferences in middle school. Later on in high school I joined the year book and wrote a thing or two for that. Freshman year of college my short memoirs were used as examples for the rest of the class.
ANd then I hit a wall, I couldn't take the criticism or my own doubts. It was too much for me to continue.
So here I go again years later attempting to let myself breathe again, through writing. It is February 2nd, I am one day behind in my goal (that i just decided on today), the groundhog saw its shadow and I have to go play gift of giving bingo for another long hour with the kids at Covell. It has its entertaining moments but most days I wonder what I'm living for besides my family. That my debbie downer thought for the day. And when I say for the day I really mean the year. I think I need to take some time and do something on neutral ground for myself. But my fear with that is no one will be happy including me. Which brings me to another question, what makes me happy?

No comments: